Kelsey Harris Might Be Found in Contempt Of Court In Megan Thee Stallion 1501 Case

In the rapper’s case against 1501 Certified Entertainment, Megan Thee Stallion urged the judge to order Kelsey Harris, a former best friend, to appear in court for questioning.

According to RadarOnline, Megan Thee Stallion has accused her former best friend of disobeying a subpoena requiring her to appear in court for a deposition and produce her texts with rapper Tory Lanez.

She was deposed to learn more about 1501, such as what the executives knew about an alleged plot to prevent Megan’s releases on the label and whether or not she had their support while releasing a diss track. 

Harris might have to pay a fine or be placed in confinement, depending on the case’s outcome. 

The legal battle involving GRAMMY award-winning artist and her former record label 1501 follows the wildly anticipated Tory Lanez trial. Since 2020, Megan and 1501 have been engaged in a lengthy legal dispute regarding the entertainer’s record deal. 

According to Rolling Stone, the 28-year-old claimed in her lawsuit that the terms of her contract with 1501 were outrageous, stating that the label received 60% of her recorded sales and that the remaining 40% had to go to pay her team. Megan claims that her record-keeping by her label for the money she receives from touring has been deficient.

She has, therefore, filed a lawsuit and asserts that her record label owes it more than $1 million as a result. In addition, the Houston native is requesting that the court void her contract with 1501. However, after claiming that the megastar still owed them another album under the terms of the agreement, 1501 and Carl Crawford countersued. 

Additionally, the defendants demanded a detailed accounting of Megan’s earnings from endorsements and sponsorships. 1501 asserted that it was due a share of the transactions.

As she prepares for the trial against 1501 and Crawford, Harris, her ex-friend and Darien Smith — Harris’ partner — were served with subpoenas.

Before Tory Lanez shot Megan after a heated argument while leaving Kylie Jenner’s home, the rapper and her ex-BFF hadn’t had any prior issues. In the courtroom, Harris didn’t offer a defense for Megan. Tory was ultimately found guilty of the shooting even though she didn’t support the artist.

Subscribe to the No Jumper Newsletter